This sweet and savory BBQ sauce is a healthier twist on the classic BBQ sauce. This easy-to-make recipe will be your new go-to on all of your summer party favorites — use it on chicken, beef, or even vegetarian dishes!
BBQ Sauce Recipe – Sweet, Savory, & Simple BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup xylitol syrup (ingredients and instructions below)
- 8 ounces organic tomato sauce or tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1–1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Make the xylitol syrup first. Combine 1 cup xylitol and ½ cup water in a stainless steel pot. Bring mixture to a boil. Whisk in ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum and return to a boil Stir until thickened and remove from heat and cool. Measure out about ½ cup and save the remainder for another use.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Add ⅛ – ¼ cup of filtered water to get the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Use over chicken or other recipes as a sauce.